PP10. CYTOGENETIC RESULTS OF RECURRENT SPONTANEOUS ABORTIONS IN TURKEY
Huseyin Yuce, IBRAHIM TEKEDERELI, Halit Elyas Department of Medical Biology and Genetics, College of Medicine, Firat University, Elazig, Turkey e-mail: itekedereli@yahoo.com
*Corresponding Author:
page: 52

Abstract

Background: Recurrent spontaneous abortion, defined as at least three consecutive pregnancy loss, occurs in 10% of all pregnancies. In the etiology of recurrent spontaneous abortion has been reported wide variety abnormalities such as anatomic, endocrinologic, genetic abnormalities. In this study, we aimed to share karyotyping results of couples with recurrent spontaneous abortions that may be contributed to elucidate the genetic basis of this condition and warn the physicians about the cytogenetic abnormalities in cases with recurrent spontaneous abortions. Methods: We reviewed the cytogenetic results of the patients with at least two abortions, referred to Firat (Euphrates) University, College of Medicine, Department of Medical Biology and Genetics in 6-year period between 2000-2005, retrospectively. Results: We report a total of 421 couples (842 patients). 22 males (2.61%) and 8 (0.95 %) females had abnormal karyotypes. The total rate of abnormalities was 3.56%. Conclusion: All these data show that cytogenetic evaluation is necessery for an accurate approach to elucidate the causes and the physicians should also be careful for diversity of the chromosomal abnormalities that play important roles in the etiology of recurrent spontaneous abortions.




Number 20
VOL. 20 (1), 2017
Number 19
VOL. 19 (2), 2016
Number 19
VOL. 19 (1), 2016
Number 18
VOL. 18 (2), 2015
Number 18
VOL. 18 (1), 2015
Number 17
VOL. 17 (2), 2014
Number 17
VOL. 17 (1), 2014
Number 16
VOL. 16 (2), 2013
Number 16
VOL. 16 (1), 2013
Number 15
VOL. 15 (2), 2012
Number 15
VOL. 15, 2012 Supplement
Number 15
Vol. 15 (1), 2012
Number 14
14 - Vol. 14 (2), 2011
Number 14
The 9th Balkan Congress of Medical Genetics
Number 14
14 - Vol. 14 (1), 2011
Number 13
Vol. 13 (2), 2010
Number 13
Vol.13 (1), 2010
Number 12
Vol.12 (2), 2009
Number 12
Vol.12 (1), 2009
Number 11
Vol.11 (2),2008
Number 11
Vol.11 (1),2008
Number 10
Vol.10 (2), 2007
Number 10
10 (1),2007
Number 9
1&2, 2006
Number 9
3&4, 2006
Number 8
1&2, 2005
Number 8
3&4, 2004
Number 7
1&2, 2004
Number 6
3&4, 2003
Number 6
1&2, 2003
Number 5
3&4, 2002
Number 5
1&2, 2002
Number 4
Vol.3 (4), 2000
Number 4
Vol.2 (4), 1999
Number 4
Vol.1 (4), 1998
Number 4
3&4, 2001
Number 4
1&2, 2001
Number 3
Vol.3 (3), 2000
Number 3
Vol.2 (3), 1999
Number 3
Vol.1 (3), 1998
Number 2
Vol.3(2), 2000
Number 2
Vol.1 (2), 1998
Number 2
Vol.2 (2), 1999
Number 1
Vol.3 (1), 2000
Number 1
Vol.2 (1), 1999
Number 1
Vol.1 (1), 1998

 

 


 About the journal ::: Editorial ::: Subscription ::: Information for authors ::: Contact
 Copyright © Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics 2006