JANUS KINASE V617F MUTATION DETECTION IN PATIENTS WITH MYELOFIBROSIS
Nikolova D1,2,*, Yordanov A2, Damyanova V1,2, Radinov A2, Toncheva D1
*Corresponding Author: Dragomira Nikolova, Ph.D., Department of Medical Genetics, Medical Faculty, Medical University Sofia, 2 Zdrave Street, 1431 Sofia, Bulgaria. Tel: +359888-103-456, E-mail: dmb@abv.bg
page: 1

RESULTS

Two hundred and thirty-two patients with chronic myeloproliferative neoplasms have been genotyped for their JAK2 V617F genotypic status. Eighty-two of 232 patients (35.4%) were diagnosed with ET, 35/232 (15.1%) PV/EV, 38/232 (16.4%) MF/OMF (osteomyelofibrosis), 70/232 (30.1%) chromic MPN and 7/232 (3.0%) with other hematological diseases (Figure 1). We performed analysis of the bone marrow biopsy samples of patients with MF/ OMF (38 individuals) and in 20 of them (52.6%) the initial diagnosis was confirmed. In six patients, the diagnosis was rejected based on the negative result of the biopsy sample (15.8%), five patients eventually proved to carry ET (13.2%), six had PV (15.8%) and one had MPN (2.6%). The mean age of the patients in our study was 62 years (29-94 years), there was an equal distribution men:women (10 vs. 10) (Table 1). According to the JAK2 genotype status: 8/20 (40.0%) were homozygous with the wild type allele (NN) (men:women = 3:5); 9/20 (45.0%) were heterozygous (MN) (men:women = 6:3) and 3/20 (15.0%) were homozygous with the mutated allele (MM) (men:women = 1:2). Overall, in 20 patients with MF, proven by trepanobiopsy, 12 (60.0%) (group 1) carried the mutant allele and eight (40.0%) (group 2) did not. The mean age of patients from group 1 was 61.4 years; men:women ratio was 7:5. Patients in group 2 showed similar characteristics (mean age 62.4 years; men:women ratio was 3:5).



Number 22
VOL. 22, 2019 Accepted articles
Number 22
VOL. 22, 2019 Supplement
Number 21
VOL. 21(2), 2018
Number 21
VOL. 21 (1), 2018
Number 21
VOL. 21, 2018 Accepted articles
Number 21
VOL. 21, 2018 Supplement
Number 20
VOL. 20 (2), 2017
Number 20
VOL. 20 (1), 2017
Number 19
VOL. 19 (2), 2016
Number 19
VOL. 19 (1), 2016
Number 18
VOL. 18 (2), 2015
Number 18
VOL. 18 (1), 2015
Number 17
VOL. 17 (2), 2014
Number 17
VOL. 17 (1), 2014
Number 16
VOL. 16 (2), 2013
Number 16
VOL. 16 (1), 2013
Number 15
VOL. 15 (2), 2012
Number 15
VOL. 15, 2012 Supplement
Number 15
Vol. 15 (1), 2012
Number 14
14 - Vol. 14 (2), 2011
Number 14
The 9th Balkan Congress of Medical Genetics
Number 14
14 - Vol. 14 (1), 2011
Number 13
Vol. 13 (2), 2010
Number 13
Vol.13 (1), 2010
Number 12
Vol.12 (2), 2009
Number 12
Vol.12 (1), 2009
Number 11
Vol.11 (2),2008
Number 11
Vol.11 (1),2008
Number 10
Vol.10 (2), 2007
Number 10
10 (1),2007
Number 9
1&2, 2006
Number 9
3&4, 2006
Number 8
1&2, 2005
Number 8
3&4, 2004
Number 7
1&2, 2004
Number 6
3&4, 2003
Number 6
1&2, 2003
Number 5
3&4, 2002
Number 5
1&2, 2002
Number 4
Vol.3 (4), 2000
Number 4
Vol.2 (4), 1999
Number 4
Vol.1 (4), 1998
Number 4
3&4, 2001
Number 4
1&2, 2001
Number 3
Vol.3 (3), 2000
Number 3
Vol.2 (3), 1999
Number 3
Vol.1 (3), 1998
Number 2
Vol.3(2), 2000
Number 2
Vol.1 (2), 1998
Number 2
Vol.2 (2), 1999
Number 1
Vol.3 (1), 2000
Number 1
Vol.2 (1), 1999
Number 1
Vol.1 (1), 1998

 

 


 About the journal ::: Editorial ::: Subscription ::: Information for authors ::: Contact
 Copyright © Balkan Journal of Medical Genetics 2006